Role Title: Auditor, Group Internal Audit Team
Location: Dublin City Centre (Remote Working and Hybrid Working options available)
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
About Group Internal Audit at AIB
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is not your typical audit function. We’re on an ambitious journey to create the best function we can for AIB and our people. Through our audit charter, we operate independently as the third line of defence to provide assurance to our stakeholders on the adequacy and effectiveness of AIB and its subsidiaries, governance, risk management and internal control environment.
Most importantly, we believe that great people are the key to our success. This is why we work hard to build a team of empowered individuals who are driven to excel through collaboration, inclusion and diversity; embracing the unique strengths and insights everyone brings.
We are a group of 70+ professionals operating in Ireland and the UK, who always aim for the highest quality. To get the best from our people we support and embrace flexible working arrangements to provide an empowering environment where people get the job done through managing their own time.
GIA is now seeking applications from ambitious professionals who are keen to pursue an opportunity as an Auditor in GIA working primarily on the Chief Operating Officer (COO) Audit team which is based in Dublin.
Principal accountabilities of the role:
- Participate in audits from beginning to end including definition of audit scope, test strategy, execution of testing, summary of issues and final report;
- Review and interpret processed data to identify trends and investigate exceptional items;
- Communicate effectively with management and staff across the organisation by positively conveying the role and value of internal audit;
- Continuous adherence to and improvement of the Internal Audit process; and
- Opportunities to get involved in working groups across the department, e.g. Methodology, People, Data Analytics, CSR.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- Currently undergoing exams to attain an audit/accountancy qualification or the willingness to undertake such qualifications (e.g. CIA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CISA);
- A minimum of 2 years in a financial services and/or audit environment;
- Preference for people who have practical experience of providing assurance or who have a working knowledge of the key risks within financial services;
- Knowledge of key regulations within the Financial Services industry; and
- You’ll have lots of initiative, excellent attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information from the Talent Acquisition, you can contact them by email at .
Closing Date: 6th December 2021