At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
You will work on a portfolio of clients within a cross functional office, alongside our advisory and tax functions.
Why Audit at KPMG?
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world’s biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. As part of this team, you’ll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive.
We want to lead the conversation when it comes to shaping the future of the profession. And given the scale and variety of our audit engagements in both the UK and globally, we are well placed to create change.
When you join our Audit team, we’ll make sure you can stretch your skills across diverse engagements and broad opportunities. This will include ongoing training and development through a mix of internal and external learning initiatives
We’re looking for people who share our commitment to achieving excellence and working to the highest audit standards. Natural collaborators who value different perspectives and relish the opportunity to develop, progress and help us create an environment where talent thrives and quality outcomes are intrinsic to everything we do.
– Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
– Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
– Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
– Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
– Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
– Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
– Keeping up to date with KPMG’s product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
– Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
– Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification (including
SAICA, CPA or equivalent)
– Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
– Recent relevant external audit experience from a top 10 accountancy firm
– Mixed sector Audit experience including some large corporates
– We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership.
-Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP/US GAAP, IFRS, and IAS
– Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
– Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
– Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work. Continuously learns from experiences.
– Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
– Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback
– Coaches less experienced staff. Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
– Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
– Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).