Location: LOC_ATL_COUN-Atlantic County Specialty Care
Req ID: 83431
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
The Pediatric Hospitalist will work in a CHOP affiliated community hospital to evaluate, treat and manage patients in both the Pediatric inpatient setting, as well as, the Emergency Department. The physician is expected to document the medical findings in an electronic medical record, provide support to patients, families and colleagues, collaborate with other Physicians, nursing, ancillary department staff and Hospital administration. This position will require working Evenings, Weekends and Holidays as needed. The physicians is expected to maintain compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, legal, regulatory, clinical and organizational standards and requirements including (but not limited to): HIPPA, OSHA, Joint Commission, DOH. May represent CHOP with external organizations, professional associations upon request.
Direct Clinical Activities
- Evaluate, Treat and Manage patients in a Pediatric Inpatient Setting, as well as, the Emergency Department.
- May supervise clinical providers including resident physicians and provide performance feedback in all aspects of clinical functions.
- Continually review current pediatric standards of care and work with leadership team to implement new processes as needed. Respond to clinical alerts and updates from public health officials and others.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Research Activities (if indicated)
- May participate in and/or oversee research activities, as needed, at the practice and provide feedback and consultation for studies as they progress. Delegate operational functions to other support staff as needed to accomplish the research goals and objectives.
Administrative Activities (if indicated)
- May assist with management of the Hospital:
- Evaluate and effectively manage patient access, patient flow, quality improvement, staff performance, effective work teams.
- Participate in the development and implementation of departmental standards, policies, guidelines and protocols.
Other Duties As Assigned.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Current DEA License
Board Certified (or Board Eligible) in (sub) specialty required. Board Certification is set in compliance with Department / Division and Medical Staff Affairs By-laws (either immediately or within a prescribed time frame from date of hire).
Active medical license in Pennsylvania as well as other states in which s/he is expected to practice
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Medical School and ACGME-accredited Pediatric Residency (and/or Fellowship as indicated) Program as per the Department/Division Credentialing Criteria and Delineation of Clinical Privileges. Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
Additional Technical Requirements
- Working knowledge of hospital policies, practices and protocols as well as applicable regulations and guidelines. Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Skills in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision-making.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and electronic).
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146