Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Drug GM department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Drug GM operations. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of Drug GM specials.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Understand the store’s layout and be able to locate products.
- Create and execute sales promotions in partnership with store management.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions, especially promotions that affect Drug GM.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Drug GM/Retail experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN || Franklin || 1203 Murfreesboro Rd || 37064 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None