About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent’s leading geosciences software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries.
As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to design innovative solutions to real market problems. You will work closely with product management, subject matter experts and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
Location: This role is remote, based from a home office in Canada.
- Work with Product Management to validate use scenarios
- Design user interaction, workflows and user interfaces
- Create screen capture movies to demonstrate and communicate workflow
- Conduct usability labs to validate the workflow with customers
- Create prototypes and detailed interaction specifications
- Translate usability and field research findings into design improvements
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Factors, computer science, related field or relevant experience
- Minimum 1 year UX experience
- Mastery of user interaction design skills
- Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Familiarity with the Windows and/or Macintosh Human Interface Guidelines a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Bentley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion/belief, national origin, caste, age, or any other characteristic protected by local law or unrelated to job qualifications.