Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
De Lint LLP (allied with Deloitte LLP) is currently seeking US Immigration Attorneys at the Associate level to join our high-volume business immigration team!
We support some of the most complex accounts in US immigration and are committed to legal excellence and exceptional client service. What sets us apart from other firms is our unique approach to high-volume immigration and our strong partnerships with our clients. We take a programmatic approach to account management while remaining laser-focused on the employee experience. Our practice is data-driven, agile and highly responsive to change.
What will your typical day look like?
As an Associate US Immigration Attorney, you will be responsible for the following:
- As part of a team of attorneys, prepare and/or oversee the preparation and filing of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications, Requests for Evidence, Motions to Reopen, Requests for Information, etc.
- Assess eligibility for non-immigrant and immigrant visa status in the US
- Provide consultations on case-specific and strategic matters to visa-dependent candidates, employees, recruiters, managers and in-house client teams; develop and recommend approaches that mitigate risk and provide timely solutions
- Conduct in-depth research and remaining up to date on changes in immigration law and practice; contribute to client alerts and memos on important developments
- Support technical project/program work with a focus on compliance and/or operational excellence
- Conduct ongoing internal reviews/audits of immigration data, processes and collateral
Our team structure is intentionally flat and collaborative. Each of our valued team members is responsible for owning a role-appropriate account function in addition to their casework. All team members are expected to roll up their sleeves and dig in to drive QA and operational excellence at every level. We are entrepreneurial in spirit and resourceful, and we are constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize our processes.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Successful candidates will be solution-minded and dedicated to the success of the team. We believe challenges breed opportunities, and we are passionate about what we do. We are diverse thinkers and doers, highly motivated and supportive. If you feel energized by the above, we would love to hear from you!
You are someone with:
- Strong academic credentials and an active license to practice law in the US
- 2+ years’ experience as a practicing attorney, preferably in a high-volume business immigration practice working on the following types of matters: H-1B, L-1, TN, PERM labor certifications, immigrant visa petitions, including Multinational Managers, Outstanding Researchers and Extraordinary Ability, and Adjustment of Status applications
- Strong operational and analytical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent attention to detail – ability to effectively communicate with legal professionals and non-legal stakeholders
De Lint LLP Immigration Law is a highly reputable, experienced, and client-focused law firm practicing exclusively in the area of immigration law. With 25 years of experience, de Lint LLP Immigration Law’s alliance with Deloitte LLP in Canada enables the Firm to service clients worldwide. De Lint LLP Immigration Law understands the particular nature of immigration law and acts on behalf of a wide range of clients from multinational corporations, skilled or professional individuals, temporary workers and individuals in sports and the arts.
De Lint LLP Immigration Law is seeking qualified individuals to join our team of experienced professionals providing strategic immigration advice and guidance. De Lint LLP Immigration Law offers a unique talent experience that empowers our people with opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point of their career.
De Lint LLP Immigration Law is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, and are committed to providing career opportunities in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, due to a disability, please reach out to your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.