– Applies purchasing/procurement methodology to achieve organizational objectives, best value for the enterprise, and achievement of target return on investments (ROI).
– Sources and purchases raw materials, manufacturing services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
– Works very closely with internal clients to: identify sourcing needs; conduct buy/market profiles; define acceptable service levels.
– Develops sourcing strategies; solicits/analyzes request for proposals; negotiates contracts and coordinates supplier integration plan with internal client.
– Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
– Establish a supplier relationship management process with continuous improvement goals/programs. Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect internal client needs.
– Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
– Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
– Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. May prepare bid packages.
§ Leads cross functional product development teams and is also the Procurement representative within Beauty products for markets, product extensions and new product categories.
§ Partners with COE Marketing and I&S to identify new suppliers and new products. Focus on leading the development and execution of various COE Beauty programs to give CLT and markets options with condensed go-to-market timelines.
§ Reviews and selects the appropriate supplier/technology to ensure that the product can be successfully launched.
§ Leads business continuance efforts (Regulatory changes, reformulation, quality, etc) and ensures supply for all existing SKU.
§ Leads the identification and implementation of cost savings opportunities to support in product margins.
§ Leads the procurement process for Beauty product categories for Global and especially focusing on newly established Beauty COE East.
§ Leads complex “transformational” and/or “optimization” projects to deliver best total value for Beauty products sourcing.
§ Responsible for executive communications regarding product development and supply assurance to ensure alignment between business and procurement.
– Supplier Relationship Management skill
– Very hands on Project Management capabilities.
– Good command in both written and spoken English
– Bachelor’s Degree on Business or related academic background preferred