Associate Product Manager – 93981
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation, continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population.
Nielsen is looking for an Associate Product Manager in its Audience Measurement organization to drive product development for its Ad Ratings user interfaces. The Ad Ratings suite of products consist of Digital Ad Ratings and Total Ad Ratings. Digital Ad Ratings provides a comprehensive, next-day view of an ad’s audience across computer, mobile, and connected TV living room devices. Total Ad Ratings provides a comprehensive view of an ad’s audience across digital platforms and traditional TV. The products under the Ads portfolio help clients optimize their ad inventory across various publishers and understand how they are reaching their target demographics.
These products provide data and analytics to Nielsen’s clients via a User Interface, an API as well as preformatted data files.
Nielsen is looking for a candidate who can support end-to-end product development efforts for the Reporting team. As an Associate Product Manager you will work closely with Product Managers, clients and Nielsen sales teams to understand client needs of a reporting interface and help translate these needs into a prioritized roadmap for the development team. Concurrently, you will partner daily with cross-functional technology, user experience, operations, data science, marketing, communications and related product teams to drive the end-to-end development of these roadmap items into fully realized product functionality. You will also be involved in post production support of the applications in terms of handling enquiries and documentation for users. You can expect exposure and involvement throughout the whole development life cycle including client use case gathering, high-level design, testing, user experience, external marketing efforts and others.
- Support the Product Management team as an informed voice on product functionality and roadmap in order to represent the product vision externally and accurately gather and respond to client feedback
- Act as a trusted product partner in the development lifecycle and help the team execute on the roadmap effectively.
- Maintain an objective view of the user’s experience and make recommendations on re-usable platform components based on the feedback from the technology and design teams.
- Take action in support of overall product health including quality and robustness of data and maintaining positive client regard for owned products
- Participate in product discovery sessions with clients and client service teams to understand end user needs and business workflows.
- Write user stories for the technology and design teams to build prototypes for testing as well as productionalized software for launch.
- Organize and facilitate planning across Product, Technology, Data Science, and Operations teams.
- Participate in scrum meetings to ensure the team has the background and details necessary to achieve the sprint objectives.
- Exhibit expertise in your product domain (understanding the systems involved, the technical component flow, specific aspects of the methodology, etc.)
- Serve as the initial point of contact for product functionality and data inquiries from clients requiring product input
- Client-facing experience with the ability to successfully interface with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to understand the implications of nuanced system and technology concepts and apply this understanding to make effective product decisions
- Experience with user interface design, testing and development.
- Ability to own decision making when presented with ambiguity and quickly identify and distill necessary information to select a successful course of action
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Comfort with large datasets and quantitative analysis
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time professional experience
- Familiarity with Total Ad Ratings, NPOWER, NNTV, Digital Ad Ratings or other Nielsen audience measurement data
- Experience with file based data deliverables, including APIs.
- Media measurement, TV network, ad agency, digital publisher or other media experience
- Experience with Agile and iterative product development
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,