With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
NOTE – This position will be based out of Dallas Texas.
As a IT Analyst – Sales Systems you will provide technical and functional systems and data support to affiliated and non-affiliated distributors and internal sales and marketing groups. You will be responsible for ensuring work is assigned and completed within agreed upon SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and provides periodic stats reports on performance. You will be responsible for data analysis and maintenance including interpreting and disseminating results.
What You Will Do:
- Obtains and maintains business and technical understanding of areas supported.
- Maintains open communication with customers to understand their needs. Proficient at understanding customer problems and business issues.
- Identifies application issues based on customer feedback regarding system functions that are broken, need improvements or new features.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures and problems to improve or create moderate systems.
- Takes responsibility for assigned analytic projects from inception through completion.
- Provides analytic information to Sales to help identify business opportunities.
- Educates users in the use of various sales data, syndicated data, and data tools.
- Analyzes processes to support both non-computerized and computerized work flow, including recommending technologies that can enhance the effectiveness of the process.
- Identifies options, prepares reports for management, and recommends action or change.
- Responsible for SMIS data setup, accuracy, and/or on-going maintenance.
- Conducts special business related studies as requested.
- Acts as a liaison with user and management.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years sales or sales data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of 4 years application support and/or sales data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Good problem solving and application debugging skills.
- Good attention to detail and dealing with varying data types.
- Ability to solve practical problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Good customer service, communication, and support focus with desire to deliver a high quality and timely service.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks at the same time.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Systems plus 2 years sales or sales data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience using BI analytic and querying tools to analyze and create reports.
- Experience with using data warehouse and relational databases.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Access.
- Skilled in the use and application of data and data tools-IRI, Nielsen, Spectra, Localizer, Sales data, Trade dimensions, Channel facts, Basket facts, X-Outlet facts, consumer data, and query tools.
- Experience working with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Experience applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Experience interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Experience applying established procedures to situations that are non-routine in nature requiring some evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
- Exhibits teamwork skills.
- Experience planning and organizing work through effective project management.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience interacting with various vendor “on sites” regarding day-to-day operational activities.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 77864
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.