The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music festivals, we are where Canadians live, work and play.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
The career you want.
Day-to-day accounts payable activities, general ledger account reconciliation, accruals, invoice processing and account analysis. Provide suggestions and feedback to improve procedures, timeliness and accuracy of information.
What you’ll do.
- Prepare month end adjusting and accrual journal entries; prepare or assist with general ledger account reconciliations
- Analyse accounts related to Stewardship programs, investigate discrepancies and review relevant policies to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Prepare and process Stewardship remittance and payment.
- Prepare and process retail tax, on line remittance and payment.
- Prepare year end reports for corporate action plan. Perform ad hoc reporting as assigned.
- Analytic skills to trace activity thru multiple systems with focus on inventory account.
- Provide input/suggestions to facilitate or improve procedures/tasks that may impact current policies or procedures.
- Follow published policies related to health and safety rules specific to the workplace as provided by senior management. Promote health and safety within the workplace. Report any potential problems or unsafe situations to supervisors and/or senior management.
Skills we’re looking for.
- Incumbent must have a sound knowledge of accounts payable processing,SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) legislation and controls, also able to create intermediate to complex calculations in Excel.
- The ability to process error free work and meet deadlines in a fast paced results driven environment is essential.
- This position requires strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to make sound recommendations derived from data analysis.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
Position Type: Retail Head Office
Position: Associate, Finance – Accounts Payable (15 months)
Job Location: Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Keswick || Canada : Ontario : Newmarket || Canada : Ontario : Richmond Hill
Application Deadline: 10/22/2021
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada’s favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home – and we’re also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements.