Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is seeking early-career or second-career self-starters who are self-motivated with high technical aptitude and an interest in a Network and Telecomm Customer Support role. You will participate in our Ops Academy which is a robust 6-week training program to jump-start and enable your success in this role. This rigorous program is designed to develop tech-savvy individuals in the areas of network operations, IP, and customer care where you will learn about our technology, networks, products, processes, and customer service best practices. Associate Engineer is an entry level position within the North America Operations organization.
The Main Responsibilities
• OSP Project Management
• Project Planning and Work Order Creation
• Manage Budgets
• Order Materials Using SAP
• Invoice Processing & Resolution
• Experience Using GIS Software
• Building Relationships with Business Partners
• Create Maintenance Requests
• Multi-discipline expertise and responsibility
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree plan in Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Telecommunications or similar field of study
• Able to complete project assignments within discipline on time and within budget
• Software development skill-set (preferred)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytic, leadership and presentation skills required.
• Ability to work well independently or within a group.
• Able to complete project assignments within discipline on time and within budget.
• SQL, software development/scripting and/or GIS spatial skills/experience are a plus but not required
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
engineer jr entry level network telecomm engineer jr entry level network telecomm engineer jr entry level network telecomm engineer jr entry level network telecomm engineer jr entry level network telecomm dallas austin tx dallas austin tx dallas austin tx dallas austin tx dallas austin tx
Requisition #: 246958
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.