EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
Associate Editor Job Description:
The Associate Editor (AE) is responsible for facilitating the publishing workflow and maintaining publication standards for assigned medical specialty content areas. The AE serves as the publishing point person for specific specialty content areas and editorial teams. The role includes communicating with contractors; preparing, sending, and processing various materials to advance content through the publication pipeline; and tracking workflow efforts. The AE also plays a critical role in the publishing workflow for images and other media. In addition to these responsibilities, the AE will contribute publishing expertise and editorial support across the DynaMed Editorial Team through both collaborative and independent projects.
- Perform editing tasks that require varying degrees of critical analysis, problem-solving skills, and independent judgment, both independently and through collaboration with other members of the DynaMed Editorial Team
- Research, request, and embed images and other media for inclusion in DynaMed content
- Track the publication workflow for assigned specialty content areas
- Collaborate with editorial leaders to apply publishing standards to content
- Contribute to the development and implementation of editorial policies and workflows that foster consistency across the database (including tag and template structure, editorial and scientific conventions, and writing style)
- Perform advanced editorial functions within medical topics written in XML format using established editorial policies
- Other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- ≥ 1 year of experience using the Microsoft Office, including mastery of Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Willingness and ability to learn complex editorial software to edit XML files
- Skilled in research and proofing
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to apply independent thinking and analysis to complete identified assignments efficiently
- High computer literacy
- Ability to work in team environment and report on completed assignments
- Working knowledge of editorial workflow concepts, such as tagging, linking, tracking changes, and maintaining version control
- Strong writing skills
- Flexibility to manage and prioritize multiple variable, project-based assignments
- Experience using Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Experience working with images and/or other media for publication
- Experience with or interest in learning medical content and terminology
- Experience using XML and/or HTML
- Experience using Oxygen
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.