The Deal Strategy and Value Creation team – part of KPMG Deal Advisory (~£450m revenue; ~2,500 professionals) – is developing an innovative Integrated Value Delivery (IVD) proposition to support investors, shareholders and C-suite throughout the ownership cycle of a Business. This proposition provides our Private Equity and Corporate clients with a holistic, integrated portfolio of implementable value creation opportunities in all deal situations (buyside and sellside), underpinned by advanced data science and industry insights.
This team is a cross functional (commercial, operational, and digital), agile capability group that operate as architects of value creation by knitting together the vast array of capabilities available inside the practice as well as the wider KPMG Advisory groups (including Customer Experience, Pricing, Cost, Digital, ESG, and Integration & Separation among others).
We are hiring practitioners with expertise across various industries, including TMT, Consumer Goods, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Industrials, and Financial Services.
This role is ideal for bright, high energy and intellectually curious individuals that thrive in fast paced client engagements and want to develop and operate with an investor mindset.
Role and responsibilities
To be an effective Associate Director within Strategy & Value Creation, applicants will be expected to:
• Support the design of complex engagements and take responsibility for leading day to day delivery, working directly with Partners and Associate Partners
• Translate the client brief into manageable work streams
• Lead hypothesis generation, complex storyboarding and shape the overall problem-solving approach to develop insights and recommendations
• Coordinate and inspire other members of the team, providing coaching, direction and constructive feedback
• Ensure quality control and consulting best-practices adoption (analytical accuracy, best-in-class data insights, infographics, reports and written/verbal delivery)
• Interact with the senior client team credibly and effectively
• Support client development activity including thought leadership, pitches preparation and proposals writing
• Actively develop own knowledge and expertise in chosen Value Creation proposition(s) and sub sector(s) of choice
• Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
• Build and maintain a strong internal network across the global TMT and Strategy/Deal Advisory practices, including collaborating with the US West Coast and East Coast, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Israel and UAE
• Understand risk and ensure the Firm’s risk management frameworks are adhered to
Applicants will need to display the following:
• Substantial years of experience of working for a strategy house or corporate strategy/development team of a highly acquisitive TMT company
• Considerable track record of managing complex projects in at least of the following TMT sub-sectors: Enterprise Software (SaaS Platforms); Digital Infrastructure (Fibre, Cloud, Data Centres, Towers, 5G/IOT); e-Commerce and Online Media; B2B Data/Analytics and Tech-Enabled Services.
• Commercial, Operational Due Diligence and/ or Value Creation engagements, with demonstrable experience across the deal lifecycle, working with both Private Equity and Corporations
• Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior stakeholders
• Demonstrable ability to build and commercialise relationships with senior executives in corporate or private equity environments
Skills & Education
• High-quality storyboarding and written/oral presentation skills with impact, competent in presenting ideas clearly, convincingly to influence senior stakeholders and possessing personal presence, with the ability to earn trust and respect
• Ability to multi-task effectively and balance time between project deliver, proposition development, coaching / training, and business development support effectively
• Proven management of teams, developing talent, developing and delivery of training materials Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
• Structured thinking skills combined with creativity (‘both brains’ thinking)
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills; other language skills would be a strong bonus
• MBA or Data Science degree a strong plus
• Working knowledge of Alteryx, PowerBI and Tableau a plus