Position: Associate Director – Credit Analyst
Department: The Asia Regional Credit Reaserch and Trading team of Metlife Investment Management supports Metlife’s general account local portfolios within the region and also works closely with hard currency portfolio managers in the US for Metlife’s global Emerging Market portfolios and third party mandates.
The Role: The analyst will support fundamental research on existing and new issuers and actively monitor portfolio risk and exposure with a focus on regional corporate issuers. The analyst will have ownership for monitoring a portfolio of issuers under the minimal guidance of a senior credit analyst. The role requires organizational and team working skills to be responsible for team projects.
- Assess new investment opportunities, assign ratings if required and present new issuers to investment credit committee for approval with a focus on corporate credits in various portfolios
- Ongoing credit monitoring and timely completion of periodic reviews to actively manage credit risk, ratings and exposures
- Build broad sector and country knowledge by working on various portfolios
- Coordidate team activities and actively involve in team projects, tasks
- Reports to: VP/AVP
- Direct reports/team: No direct reports, part of a team of nine
- Key Stakeholders: The rest of the Asia Credit Research and Trading team, EM portfolio managers, local team
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5-7 years of relevant credit analysis experience, preferably with international firm(s). Knowledge on regional corporates a big plus.
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills and knowledge of/experience in financial models and quantitative analysis
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good communication skills both in written and spoken English, other regional languages (especially Mandarin) is helpful
- A self-motivated individual with a high degree of analytical orientation, intellectual curiosity and attention to detail; excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork-driven attitude and ability to work with people across the region and at all levels of the organisation
- Good education background, MBA and/or CFA desirable
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 117362