Requisition Number: 79294
We are looking for an Associate Software Engineer (Data) with practical knowledge of modern data architectures and tools such as data warehousing, ETL/ELT, NoSQL, analytics or cloud platforms.
You should be driven to provide quality solutions to challenging problems.
You will work closely with client stakeholders and an award-winning team of engineers, architects and thought leaders to learn, design, build and implement next-generation solutions in advanced analytics, big data, BI and the cloud.
What our Data Developers Do
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
What We Look For at Insight!
- Experience with Power BI and additional visualization tools.
- Some ability to model business processes using industry best practices.
- Moderate SQL experience
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration is a plus.
- Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.…) is a plus.
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data is a plus.
What can Insight offer?
- Flex Hours
- Remote Work
- No Formal Dress Code
- Leadership from great Mentors
- Flexible Vacation
- Pay for Training
- Startup Atmosphere
- …and tons of other great Perks!
We have created a team-oriented environment with quality people, career advancement opportunities, great work/life balance and an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Our people appreciate that they represent a brand that is invested in growing local relationships while working globally and doing what is right for our co-workers and clients. We are high on supporting each other and hiring/developing the best technical professionals in the industry.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today’s talent leads tomorrow’s success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Seattle || Washington (US-WA) || United States (US) || None || None || US – Seattle, WA ||