NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Senior Associate – Customer Marketing is responsible for the development, management, and execution of customer marketing and customer experience programs. He/she must have strong business acumen, the ability to think strategically, and the ability to keep the customer at the forefront. Ideally this candidate will have experience managing customer lifecycle communications. This role collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders including brand, marketing, creative services, sales, product, legal/regulatory and operations to ensure alignment.
- Responsible for executing and managing end to end customer communication strategy, ensuring strong brand presence, creativity, and consistency throughout the customer lifecycle
- Responsible for managing and reporting results of customer marketing initiatives
- Use customer survey insights to identify customer experience opportunities and drive customer experience strategy and improvement throughout the business
- Provide strategic leadership and identify marketing opportunities and action plans to meet business goals and objectives
- Oversee the creative development process for customer campaigns, and provide strategic direction, marketing input to influence the creative outcome
- Manage a yearlong strategic marketing calendar for campaigns
- Brainstorm new innovative products, channels and marketing activities that will help engage customers, differentiate the brand/product, and drive business goals
- Continuously track and monitor offer/campaign/creative/channel mix effectiveness. Deliver relevant reports and present insights to keep larger organization abreast of marketing activities.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ideal candidate will possess drive, initiative, strategic thinking, problem solving and the ability to manage a high degree of cross-functional collaboration, coordination, and communication
- Demonstrated B2C strategic marketing success with a track record of helping businesses grow by engaging and retaining customers
- Experience with lifecycle and retention marketing
- Exceptional conceptual thinking skills, creativity that is supported by a process-oriented analytical skill set
- Creative and innovative mindset with the capacity to identify and unlock hidden value
- Self-starter; confident with the ability to hit the ground running
- Strong ability to manage challenging projects complete with shifting deadlines and demands
- Experience tracking and measuring campaign performance and drawing valid conclusions
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written and visual)
- Ability to multitask and work successfully in a matrix organization with competing priorities
- Sets high expectations of self and work; self-motivated and resourceful
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, advertising, account planning, brand management or related field
- Experience building and implementing successful strategic marketing plans
- Experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud or comparable CRM to build customer email journeys a plus
- Experience with subscription-based industry (electricity, cable, internet, etc.) a plus
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources