No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 110299 – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Roles and responsibilities:
The Environmental and Occupational Toxicologist is responsible for providing expertise in the review of raw materials and formulas for environmental and occupational concerns. As the individual becomes more proficient they will provide oversight and governance on foundation data and will conduct literature searches to support evaluation of new raw materials. This individual’s core work include:
- Evaluate new raw materials which are being considered for use in Colgate products for environmental profile.
- Conduct literature reviews on ingredients and acquire vital information from Suppliers to support evaluations.
- Utilize toxicology data retrieval systems and modeling applications to supplement data.
- Support Manager Environmental and Occupational Toxicology on specific projects.
- Responsible for highlighting to Management new environmental issues on ingredients important to Colgate. This will occur through monitoring scientific literature and being aware and cognizant of growing topics of concern.
Occupational Toxicology & Occupational Health
- Apply knowledge in toxicology to support the Health Effect Rating (HER) process. This will include working with an India based team and conducting quarterly audits on HER data base to support the governance process.
- Support occupational medical program – working closely with Manager Environmental and Occupational Toxicology.
Minimum Required Education, Experience and Professional Qualifications :
- Master of Pharmacy or Advanced degree M.S. in Toxicology
- 3+ years experience working in toxicology, Environmental Science, Occupational health.
- Knowledge of information technology tools such as the capabilities of SAP EHS module/PDM
- Knowledge of raw materials utilized in products and environmental and human safety profiles.
- Understanding of the manufacturing process as it relates to occupational exposures, environmental emissions and processes and resource utilization.
Required Technical Skills and Abilities:
SAP & other system:
- Deep knowledge of SAP EHS module
- Able to access Databases like PCPC, RIFM, Tox-Planet, ECHA etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.