Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the store including continuous development of effective store associates to achieve desired sales and EBITDA results. Assess daily the stores’ ability to meet/exceed customer expectations for ease of shopping, variety, freshness, cleanliness, food safety and regulatory compliance. Assist with coaching and development of store associates through both formal and informal interactions. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist store manager and associates in the achievement of a favorable customer shopping experience and associate interest in customer service/relations enhancing Kroger’s reputation as the best merchant in the retail food industry.
- Assist in leading teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Work with department heads and associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans to ensure implementation of plans.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, wage budgets and profit budgets, and other targeted goals.
- Drive sales working with department managers to maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department’s contribution.
- Assist the store manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions to include developing budgets and other targeted goals with store associates.
- Analyze and respond to the competitive landscape within the district and division.
- Utilize district teams and division staff to ensure store departments are achieving sales and profit goals and ensure implementation and execution of division merchandising plans.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding area.
- Assist in building a proactive and productive relationship with union representatives and business agents, if the store is covered by a collectively bargaining agreement.
- Serve as liaison providing feedback to Store Manager and District teams on the effectiveness of Division merchandising and operational plans/programs.
- Assist the store manager in staffing, reducing turnover, increasing retention and store operations.
- Provide timely feedback to department heads and associates on individual and department performance.
- Assist with the daily management of labor and supply costs to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Display a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in position and/or related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensure associates and location complies with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Support company initiatives by facilitating meetings, coaching, training and role modeling best practices and behaviors.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of Management Training Program
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Supervisory experience
- Retail experience
- Financial responsibility including budget preparation and management
- Bachelor’s degree
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Keywords: Assistant Store Manager, ASL, ASM
Jobs at King Soopers: To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates:
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible
- Eligible for an annual bonus based upon company performance
- Potential eligibility for restricted stock
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Fort Collins || 1015 S Taft Hill Rd || 80521 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Store Management || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None