Job Requisition ID: 16787
Professional Services Administrator Support: New York Aligned- currently homebased due to COVID-19
Administrator to multiple HMH Professional Service Leaders, supporting individual and team effectiveness and success. This is an excellent position for a highly motivated, self-directed individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants a challenge. The ability to multitask, communicate with a lot of different people, prioritize, build effective tracking and implementation systems, and respond to change and multiple requests quickly, efficiently and calmly is of utmost importance.
The Professional Services division is part of HMH, the US’s leading learning company, inspiring the thinkers and doers of tomorrow. HMH is a leader in the EdTech marketplace, providing research-based technology programs, supplemental instructional materials, and professional support to empower teachers and administrators in grades pre-K through high school. HMH Professional Services help schools and districts achieve meaningful gains in learning with a person-to-person approach to professional learning and leadership consulting centered on student outcomes.
The Administrator will support multiple Professional Service Leaders with administrative and project management duties,
Support the individual impact of Professional Services leaders and their teams through task and project management including:
- Scheduling and organization:
- Intensive outlook calendaring, prioritizing, and collaboration to manage and coordinate leaders’ schedules, including internal HMH and external client meetings
- Organizing “hotel” workspace when leaders need space in aligned or remote offices
- Organize meeting space and logistics (i.e. catering, materials) for larger in office meetings
- Organize and schedule large virtual events
- Understand people, projects and needs in Professional Services and be able to communicate professionally and effectively by email, phone, and messaging
- Liaise and communicate with key stakeholders across professional services, individual teams, and wider HMH
- Support regular internal communication and tracking, as needed
- Document preparation, including both initial drafting and proofreading/copy editing as needed
- Support and maintain team policies and procedures, including on-boarding of staff, expense approvals, etc.
- Manage leader and team document resources, including presentations, publications, etc.
- Manage team expenses (i.e. subscriptions)
- Prepare and review expense reports in a timely fashion
- Attend team meetings, take notes, and distribute agendas and relevant documents as needed
- Be able to multitask and prioritize given service leaders are in multi locations
- Discrete support tasks (i.e. mailing, copying, etc)
- Additional support activities as business necessitates
Skills & Competencies:
- Experience and interest in the education industry and/or classroom is a huge advantage
- Detail-oriented and thorough in execution
- Clear, succinct, and professional oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and develop and implement creative solutions and systems quickly
- Flexibility and adaptability to constantly changing environment and needs
- Possess a high energy level, integrity, and a strong work ethic
- Self-starter and pro-active approach to all tasks
- Experience in supporting virtual events
- Calm demeanor and highly collaborative problem-solving and taking on new challenges
- Advanced used of office technologies (TEAMS, Outlook, Excel, Power Point etc.)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Previous administrative experience in a professional and fast-paced environment preferably in an education, technology, or service-oriented field
- Microsoft Office Suite (including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and deep engagement with Email and Outlook and TEAMS
- Working knowledge and interest in Excel analysis/projects and general project management
Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via conference calls, and online meetings
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children’s books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.