Work Schedule: Variable Nights (7pm-7:30am) including every other weekend & holidays as assigned
Employment Type: Full-Time; 36 hours per week
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 72428
Come join the amazing leadership team in the ED at Scottish Rite!
We have so much to offer:
- Named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for by Fortune magazine
- Named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for by Working Mothers magazine
- Ranked number 3 Among America’s top ten children’s hospitals by Child magazine
- Recipient of ENA Lantern Award for Emergency Departments that exemplify exceptional practice and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research
- Magnet designated
- Level 2 Trauma Center; Cares for over 101,000 pediatric patients per year; Located at north end of the perimeter close to other leading hospitals
- Employee recognition programs and events to celebrate your efforts as part of our extraordinary team
- Offering adult care trained nurses education programs and classes to assist in caring for our pediatric patient population
Works under the direction of the manager to facilitate daily operations, including patient flow, staffing assignments, safe patient care, and to promote a healthy work environment at Children's.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
• 2 years of healthcare experience required
• Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact
• Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) within 1 year of employment as required by department specifications
• Certification upon hire or within one year of hire
- 1 year of Clinical Nurse 3-5 level or management/administrative experience in a healthcare setting
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
PRACTICE (Caring for the Patient)
- Supports environment for delivery of care.
- Acts as clinical resource for patient population in area.
- Maintains competence to provide and/or assist with clinical care.
DEVELOPMENT (Fostering Clinical Knowledge)
- Participates in educational process related to delivery of healthcare.
- Maintains own professional development.
- Fosters professional development of others via constructive performance feedback, input, and coaching.
- Understands and supports Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's nursing career advancement program, My Nursing Career Path.
ENGAGEMENT (Engaging and Leading Professionally)
- Participates actively in and supports shared leadership councils.
- Fosters collegial relationships between team members, other departments, and medical staff members.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in supporting budget, productivity, and resource utilization.
- May serve as unit leader on shift in absence of manager.
- Drives and effectively facilitates admission, transfer, and discharge process, ensuring efficient and safe patient flow through collaboration with physicians, interprofessional team, hospital leadership, and staff.
- Removes or escalates barriers to appropriate leader.
OUTCOMES (Driving Excellent Results)
- Participates in achievement of organization and departmental goals.
- Supports plans for system and unit change.
- Supports regulatory agency readiness.
- Monitors activities within work environment to maintain a culture of safety.
- Demonstrates commitment and flexibility through times of change.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Nursing – Nursing – Management