Req Id: 278031
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week. Overtime as required based on operational needs. May include working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Lead the news department under direction of- and supported by- the news director
- Work in collaboration with the news team to ensure multi-platform content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- Provide editorial oversight of CTV Atlantic news programs and digital content
- Make independent editorial decisions when necessary
- Help lead staff development and training
- Assist in developing, selecting and assigning editorial content
- Assist with news department administrative responsibilities
- Help lead multi-platform content strategy for news properties
- Responsible for hiring news team members when necessary
- Assist in writing, conducting interviews, selecting clips, producing news stories and line-producing news programs & digital content when necessary
- Prepare news promos, including writing and editing for broadcast
- Communicate effectively with CTV Atlantic news team
- Encourage culture of collaboration with other Bell Media Atlantic departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Journalism, communications or equivalent and at least 10 years of experience in a newsroom environment
- Excellent knowledge of local news and current affairs
- Proven sound editorial judgment & established newsroom leadership experience
- Newsroom management experience preferred
- Story producing, line-producing and CP-style writing experience preferred
- A track record for outstanding communication and direct coaching skills in a fast-paced environment
- “Can do”, forward thinking attitude and a creative & open-minded problem solver with experience maximizing the best use of resources
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to take direction and provide direction
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong team leader with effective people and motivational skills and a demonstrated record of success supervising or leading staff
- Practical working knowledge of iNews and digital content platforms preferred
- Working knowledge of the Maritimes is desirable
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 04/05/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, NS, Halifax
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.