With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Title: Assistant Manager – Sales Engineering (MSG)
Reporting to: Senior Manager (Sales Engg.) / Manager (Sales Engg.)
Education & Relevant Experience (in brief):
- Engineering graduate in Mechanical / Industrial Production with 3 to 7 years of experience in the areas of – Pre-Sales and Sales Engineering / Process Engineering / Working on Tooled up SPMs, HMC, VMC proposals / Application engineering for HMC, VMC Tooled-up machines.
- Good knowledge on cutting tools, process engineering and metal cutting operations.
- Process knowledge of Machining of component of industries like 2W/4W/Tractor/General Engineering/Aerospace/Die & Mold/etc.
- Good understanding of process and accuracies on Engine, Transmission and other automotive components.
- Ability to understand Customer component Drawings.
- Should be well conversant with Engineering and Customer component drawings and have good understanding of Machines / Fixtures / Machine sub-assemblies, etc;
- Working knowledge of 2D-Autocad (mandatory) and 3D-Solidworks / Other softwares (preferred).
- Should be able work and prepare Component layouts, Tooling layouts, Fixture concepts, Machine concept layouts required for Techno commercial proposals.
- Ability to understand customer’s Techno- commercial needs.
- Good communication skills (Verbal & Written).
- Good working experience in MS office (MS Word , MS Excel & MS Power point)
- This position is for Sales engineering activity for Special Purpose Machine Business at Bangalore.
- The purpose of this position is to understand the customer requirements and propose the optimal machine configuration and solutions, to meet customer requirement by proposing right processes, proper tool selections, cycle time estimation and prepare complete techno commercial offer for securing the customer orders.
- Visit customers at time for enquiries for understanding the requirements.
- Visit customers for technical discussions on machine proposals.
- Techno-commercial support to Field Sales team for order procurement.
- Capture market feedback for product up-gradation/new developments, facilitate development of new products.
Equal Opportunity Employer