Role Title: Assistant Audit Manager – Capital Markets & Credit Risk Audit Team
Location: Hybrid Working Model / Molesworth Street, Dublin (subject to change)
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
What is the Opportunity?
Group Internal Audit’s (GIA) mission is to enhance and protect organisational value for AIB Group (the Group) by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight. GIA’s primary responsibility is to the Group’s Board of Directors through the Board Audit Committee (BAC). GIA assists the Board of Directors in carrying out its corporate governance responsibilities by providing an independent view on the key risks facing the Group, and on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of governance, risk management and internal control in managing these risks.
All activities undertaken within, and on behalf of, the Group are within the scope of GIA. This includes the activities of subsidiaries and joint ventures (as appropriate), the risk and control functions (including Group Risk and Compliance functions) and first and second line assurance activities established by the Group. GIA provides this independent view through the delivery of a risk-based audit plan.
We have a role within our Capital Markets and Credit Audit team and are looking for experienced professionals with knowledge of Credit, and/or Risk Management, and/or Audit to join us. We believe that great people are the key to our long term business success. This is why we work hard to build a team of empowered individuals who are driven to excel through collaboration, inclusion & diversity through a culture of embracing the personal strengths and insights that each person brings. Career and personal development is a Core Ethos of our Team. We support and embrace flexible working arrangements to provide an empowering environment where people get the job done through managing their own time.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Assist in the preparation of Risk Based audit plans and programmes of work to support the delivery of an Audit Opinion to the board.
- Lead, manage and execute audits from beginning to end including definition of audit scope, test strategy, execution of testing, summary of issues and final report.
- Manage the resolution of agreed exceptions with the business areas and stakeholders within agreed timetables.
- Review and interpret processed data to identify trends and investigate exceptional items.
- Actively develop and maintain positive working relationships with management within the business to enhance the effectiveness and reputation of GIA.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of GIA’s audit methodology standards, processes and AIB organisational structure.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- 2 / 3 years working in Risk Management or Credit Management or Audit roles
- Be a self-starter who can either work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of Credit or audit or risk management within the Financial Services industry; and
- Have good communication skills.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information, the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them on email .
By when? Closing date is 26th November 2021