Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Primary focus is to build product by following processes to meet production goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understands and adheres to safety policies and practices.
- Responsible for quality and adheres to manufacturing process requirements, the Boston Scientific Corporation Quality Policy and the Strategic Quality Process (SQP).
- Builds product by following all processes in which certified (in their most current revision), and completing other assigned work, while meeting manufacturing goals and metrics.
- Demonstrates and applies a solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing and related principles.
- Knows and applies flex strategy, rotates as necessary and works well with all group members, both within the team and cross-functionally.
- Maintains accurate records, including training files and shop floor paperwork (SFP).
- Willingly participates in Shared Responsibility and continuous improvement teams.
- Understands and follows all BSC and site-specific policies and procedures.
- Responsible for attending and passing all required core BSC and site-specific training (i.e. QS Basics, RTK, Lean Training).
- Performs routine functions of SAP specific to the area (i.e. e-kanban boards, issuing/de-issuing, confirmations).
- Willing to become a Certified Back-Up Trainer (CBT) as determined by the supervisor. If acting as a CBT, responsible for training others and maintaining accurate training files for others. Actively involved in monitoring and maintaining accurate SFP.
What we’re looking for in you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 year’s to less than 5 year’s of work experience in manufacturing
- Previous experience in manufacturing, performing inspections, operating equipment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and related principles
- Experience with maintaining accurate records including training files and shop floor paperwork
- Experience with SAP or other manufacturing execution software programs
- Experience training others
- Previous medical device experience preferred, but not required
Requisition ID: 475855
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.