Job Req ID: 749881
Position Number: 00141909
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Security
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Oversees a fixed post or patrols an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the team members, patients, visitors, and property of Atrium Health. Reports any unauthorized or suspicious persons, unsafe conditions or other irregularities. First responder to any imminent threat to life or safety.
- Enforces the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Atrium Health.
- Provides assistance to team members, patients, and visitors.
- Documents observations, hazards, and incidents for follow-up corrective action.
- Appropriately and effectively intervenes when unruly, abusive, combative, threatening or armed persons are encountered.
- Communicates in a calm, factual, objective and courteous manner with all persons with whom communication or collaboration are necessary.
- Initial armed response to any imminent situation that threatens the life or safety of anyone on Atrium Health property.
- Takes immediate corrective action against hazards and conditions which may cause injury or damage, utilizing training and authority granted under NC Private Protective services and pursuant to NC General Statute.
- Reports any actions needed or taken to upper management. Acts as Field Training Officer.
- Successfully completes all mandated in-service training related to NC Private Protective Services Board to maintain armed security licensure.
- Demonstrates capability of communicating and demonstrating all skills required for the position as assessed through periodic skills assessments. Maintains all training and competency as required to maintain NC Private Protective Services Armed Security certification.
May have to run, or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment. May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School diploma/GED required. Must possess a valid NC or SC driverï¿½s license. Must be at least 21 years of age. 2 years experience in private security (healthcare and/or armed preferred), security-related military, or law enforcement required. Ability to obtain and maintain an Armed Guard license as required by the NC Private Protective Services. Must complete or have completed training from Atrium Health that includes but is not limited to: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton, TASER, and firearms. Must successfully complete Atrium Health minimum standards for armed security officers including acceptable firearms proficiency, background investigation, physical ability and psychological testing within 90 days of hire. Must obtain IAHSS Basic and Advanced Certification within 1 year of hire.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer