Additional Locations: US-AZ-Phoenix; US-CA-San Diego; US-CA-San Francisco; US-CO-Denver; US-NV-Las Vegas; US-OR-Portland; US-TX-Dallas; US-TX-Houston; US-UT-Salt Lake City; US-WA-Seattle; US-WY-Casper
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
This individual will sit remotely and can sit any where in the geography it supports.
About the role:
In Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) we offer solutions for treating irregular heart rhythms and heart failure and protecting against sudden cardiac arrest. Boston Scientific develops, manufactures, and markets a broad array of products and services that enable less-invasive care for some of the most threatening cardiac conditions. We’ve been expanding indications and conducting pivotal research for nearly 20 years, resulting in increased access to the lifesaving and life-enhancing benefits of ICD and CRT therapies.
This role develops and conducts product training and education programs for company personnel that support area and company goals for the west half of the country.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluates product training needs of company personnel by evaluating employee’s knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) against needs of job and identifying KSA gaps where training is a solution to ensure on-going development of employees’ ability to meet customer and product technology demands of the company. Makes recommendations to sales management based on evaluation.
- Monitors the training of company personnel by reviewing job requirements and other knowledge requirements (i.e. SOP, DOP, GMP) to ensure employees are properly trained in processes and procedures.
- Implements measurements to improve company personnel performance or enhance employee technical product knowledge.
- Writes area-training plan by working with other Field Training Associates, sales management, Field Clinical Managers, Clinical Solutions Directors, in-house training department, Marketing and CRM product education department to establish the purpose and scope of the procedures, research information to be included, and formulate the procedure to document guidelines for ensuring operating efficiency.
- Attends professional conferences to build networks of contacts, advance technical knowledge, and ensure professional expertise is maintained.
- Responsible for training and monitoring mentors to ensure training consistency.
- Establish reoccurring communication with the Field Clinical Managers to review training progress of new hires and tenured employees.
- Organize and facilitate area level Boot Camps (high intensity training classes) as required.
- Cross collaboration with other Area Field Training Manager(s) on program and content development.
- Up to 20% travel
- 5+ year work experience with bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Science, Math, Business, Nursing preferred and/or equivalent technical work experience.
- 5 years in a Boston Scientific clinical position with completed/passed IBHRE certification that is active
- External equivalent is 6+ years competitive CRM clinical work experience with completed/passed NASPE/IBHRE certification.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in the technical aspects, indications, implant techniques, and published literature of the specified products.
- Exhibited proven leadership skills with consistently high-performance ratings.
- The ability to understand, communicate and train others in the use and understanding of complex medical device software algorithms as it pertains to device therapy and diverse disease states.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the medical community including patients.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly motivated team where flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment are paramount and urgency often dictates dynamic work schedule.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively where daily schedule varies by hours worked and tasks managed while remaining accountable to company goals.
Requisition ID: 486456
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.