Requisition ID: 41565
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Hatch is currently seeking for a Records Management Specialist with a minimum ten years of experience in archives, electronic document management systems (EDMS), disposition of electronic and physical records, writing and implementing RIM policies, and working with various groups within the organization. Successful candidate must have Business degree or diploma and master’s degree in Library and Information Management (or similar) program. If you have strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and understand information management and archives, Hatch would like to offer a full-time position with hours from Monday to Friday.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Works closely with CIO and business stakeholders to evaluate and recommend information management governance solutions.
- Develop records and information management program roadmap
- Evaluate the current paper-based system and develop requirements to move from paper to fully digital solutions
- Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures to standardize records management throughout the organization
- Evaluate software solution for records retention schedule and work with legal counsel to standardize the schedule throughout the organization
- Track new records management standards and methodologies
- Ensure authorized employees can retrieve stored records fast
- Migrate/consolidate content for easier retrieval and for preserving data integrity
- Address any privacy, access, or governance issues
- Monthly progress report with further findings and recommendations for improvement
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Business and master’s degree in library and Information Management/Records Management
- Certification in Records and Information Management (RIM) or Document Management or 10 years of experience in the RIM field
- Knowledge of content organization, in particular taxonomy, metadata, indexing, and similar
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Teamwork skills as well as work independently
- Passion and drive to make a real difference
- Computer skills using Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, Skype, Teams
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.