Requisition ID: 240885
Requisition Posting End Date: 10/26/2021
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world’s largest radioactive-waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) in southeastern Washington State. The project will use vitrification technology to process and stabilize 56 million gallons (212 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford Site which is a byproduct of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The cleanup project is one of DOE’s most technically challenging and the largest undertaking of its kind—equivalent to building two nuclear power plants. The construction site spans 65 acres (26 hectares) and includes facilities for pretreatment, low-activity waste vitrification, high-level waste vitrification, and the analytical laboratory – as well as operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, and other support facilities.
Positions located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) work a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other work locations may work a 9-80’s schedule, M-F 7:00 am to 4:30 pm with alternating Fridays off. Extended hours as needed.
We invite you to join our team for this very interesting opportunity!
- Assist Senior Architects and Project Engineers in the execution of A-E services contracts
- Preparation of original architectural designs layouts, details, drawings and specifications for buildings
- Coordinate and integrate design work between the architectural discipline and other engineering disciplines
- Prepare procurement and subcontract requisition documents and perform associated technical bid evaluations with award recommendations
- Utilize critical thinking to evaluate, select, and apply design skills and techniques to project related assignments
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and job satisfaction
- Embodies a commitment to external and internal client service
Skills and Qualifications:
- Level One: BS degree in Architecture, from an accredited university, with at least 1 year of relevant experience or in lieu of a degree 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Level Two: BS degree in Architecture, from an accredited university, with at least 3 years of relevant experience or in lieu of a degree 9 years of relevant professional experience.
- Working towards professional registration
- US citizen Required.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Experience with architectural design, production techniques, building materials, and construction methods or development of project deliverables.
- Understands technical issues and cost related to selection of design features and unique architectural requirements.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of NFPA, OSHA, ANSI, IBC, UFCs, and the USGBC LEED Rating System.
- Perform code reviews and generate code compliance reports/ drawings
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions
- Demonstrated graphic presentation skills
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods
- Experienced with producing a full, well-coordinated, detailed set of architectural construction documents
- Experienced with coordinating a multi-discipline design team
- Experience with CADD applications such as Autodesk design suite or MicroStation to originate 3D model content and produce design deliverables in a multidisciplinary model environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Sketchup
- Experienced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite- Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with developing CSI Masterformat specifications, or SpecsIntact preferred
- Knowledgeable in the principles of Systems Engineering
- Necessary skills to present technical subjects with competence and confidence
- Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- LEED AP certified professional
- Willingness to relocate after assignment completion
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.