Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Reports to the Director of EA in Boston Scientific, and dotted line to the VP of Digital Enablement. He/She will focus on business capabilities, application/platforms/system architecture elements enterprise wide. Will also play a leading role in commercial division architecture. Leads in the development of enterprise architecture Governance, standards, and innovation. Experience in applying enterprise architecture concepts in an agile environment. Applies advanced knowledge of the business and IT architecture principles to identify and evaluate alternatives solutions. Leads the selection of methodologies, tools, and components of total IT solutions. Provides guidance and support to implement complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application / data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems. Interprets internal/ external business challenges and recommends best practices. Mentors other architects to build technical expertise.
Your responsibilities include:
- Top down enterprise design with focus on business model, digital transformation and innovation i.e. collaborate with business owners, and technology leaders to draft the tech strategy, reflecting the corporate objectives/strategy
- IT Landscape design in the context of business capabilities of the organization supporting enterprise objective, cost and risk reduction
- Lead cross cutting enterprise solution design that span across multiple domains.
- Set strategic direction in alignment with the Business Strategy and Technology standards
- Maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, as well as industry issues, to effectively match them.
- Review and approve design solutions that best meet the business needs of the enterprise, with a primary focus on innovation.
- Create reference architecture, capability models, and new IT roadmaps.
- Define, explain, and advocate technology strategy.
- Works with Commercial Architects to understand landscape and make architecture decisions
- Aligns Commercial Architecture with the Enterprise Architecture direction
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT, or equivalent education and related training.
- 5-10 years of architecture/design/delivery experience
- Comprehensive experience with various architectural domains such as business, application, data, infrastructure, and integration
- Strong analytical and broad architectural skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation/facilitation skills
- Knowledge of current and emerging architecture principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience as negotiator with vendors for relevant products and services
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Requisition ID: 509855
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.