Under close supervision, following specific instructions as to methods and working details, must be able to perform simple and routine work assisting linemen, mechanics or others by performing manual labor involved in the construction and maintenance of electric transmission and distribution conductors, structures, substations, underground systems, and related equipment, and be qualified to do the following related work as assigned:
1. Dig holes, set anchors and assist in setting poles and stubs.
2. Perform miscellaneous cleaning, scraping, painting, rough carpenter work, cut grass, clear right-of-way, etc.
3. Excavate for foundations, install forms, mix concrete and assist in completing foundations and fences.
4. Load, unload and handle poles, wire, tools, materials, supplies, tackle, etc. and assist in handling material to and from stock.
5. Care for and prepare hand lines, block lines, etc.
6. Tend winch line when in operation.
7. Assist linemen, mechanics or others and tend lines necessary for raising tools and material.
8. Assist in assembling guys, crossarms, and other equipment on ground, and in pulling wire and guys.
9. Assist in the erection of steel, wood or other structures.
10. Assist in dismantling equipment removed from lines, substations, etc.
11. Handle and work from ladders.
12. Operate Company trucks and automobiles.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Lineman certification or equivalent education or experience preferred. Must meet all qualifications within six months after employment.
2. Within six months after employment, know Company's safety rules and complete OSHA mandated training including bucket rescue.
3. Know the location of, and be able to operate, all of the firefighting equipment. Know what kind of equipment to use on electrical, oil and other fires, within thirty days after employment.
4. Obtain/Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
1. Must have full use of mental and physical faculties.
2. Have strength and endurance adequate for arduous labor in all kinds of outdoor weather conditions.
3. Be able to work at heights and close spaces.
4. Good hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity.
1. Be particularly alert in observing hazards and avoiding accidents.
2. Be willing to work under unusual surroundings, as well as the normal working conditions pertaining to this job.
3. Be able to receive and execute orders and instructions in such a manner as to inspire respect and confidence of superiors.
Apprentice 1st Year: 1 year lineman experience required
Successful completion of the EEI CAST TEST REQUIRED.
**Candidates selected to take the CAST Test will be invited via e-mail. If you are CAST Recommended, please note it on your resume.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Grenada
Job Function: Skilled / Craft
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: MISSISSIPPI BARG – NON-NUCLEAR-M01
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 102022
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and Pre-employment Testing: of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, numberLogon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words). Travel expenses incurred in connection with EEI testing are non-reimbursable.
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.