With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Manager of Applications Programming you will manage the planning and development of new and existing business applications/systems including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintenance and installation to support the business needs of internal customers.
What You Will Do:
- Manages the planning and development of new and existing business applications/systems including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintenance and installation.
- Participates in the creation of a 5 year application roadmap.
- Maintains clear understanding of the need for QA testing and the need for quality assurance practices.
- Ensures that relevant considerations are included in the design and operation.
- Manages the analysis of detailed specifications and business requirements.
- Consults and interfaces with information systems personnel, vendors, customers, and management in coordinating hardware, software and system capabilities.
- Evaluates systems/technology of internal customers and recommends changes to better support business needs.
- Ensures that IS support activities are monitored, logged, tracked and resolved appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with appropriate technical, professional or service personnel to resolve continuing problems using current technology.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews the progress and accuracy of assigned work.
- Prepares Project Request and Purchase Requisition documents.
- Prepares and presents activities and progress reports regarding the department's projects and ongoing operations.
- Develops staffing plans and equipment schedules, ensuring efficient utilization of system resources and the requirement for 24-hour on-call service.
- Acts as a liaison with information systems department staff and other departments to coordinate activities.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Sets and manages performance expectations for direct reports.
- Supports the evaluation, growth and development of new products and/or services by conducting traffic analysis, performance modeling and forecasting.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes and innovations in the information business applications/systems field and provides technical support and direction.
- Implements a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills and business case development.
- Develops and recommends changes to systems, policies and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Accountable for adherence to budgets, managing T&E, and may develop the operating budget and capital spending plan.
- Identifies and obtains staff capabilities needed to accomplish organizational directives.
- Monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives either directly or through subordinate staff.
- Balances planning efforts with day to day demands.
- Ensures employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff.
- Drives discipline and service delivery as planned. Knowledge of network management, service management, ITIL, SLA’s and outsourcing.
- Manages on and off-shore development
- Mitigates risk in areas such as data, disaster recover, separation of duties, single point of failure, SOX, and IP issues.
- Maintains understanding of business strategy, direction, differentiation, trends, and competitive landscape of growing, harvesting, cellaring, and fermentation of wine and spirits.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Develops, coaches and mentors peers, indirect and subordinate staff.
- If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of information systems experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of information systems experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, MIS, mathematics or engineering, plus 7 years of information systems experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- MBA/Master's degree.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Skilled in responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Skilled in writing speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Access, intermediate MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
- Skilled in applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Skilled in applying principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Skilled in dealing with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Skilled in dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the Company.
- Skilled in effectively presenting ideas to Senior Management via discussions and presentations.
- Skilled in resolving conflict as well as managing customer expectations.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 80864
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.