Role Value Proposition:
The Application Security team in MetLife’s IT Risk & Security organization plays a critical role in ensuring the security of MetLife’s applications and protecting customer and MetLife data. Application security is a top area of focus at MetLife. We have incorporated key industry security best practices, technologies and integrated processes to further strengthen our defense posture. This is an exciting time to join the Application Security team as we are continuing to expand the team and invest in new capabilities. The Application Security Consultant will assist leadership on a variety of application security, process improvement initiatives and promote close collaboration with key global stakeholders, as part of MetLife’s integrated application security operating model.
• Assist in the generation of metrics to drive the continuous improvement program and present current state of security status to management team
• Coordinate with application development teams to evaluate application security vulnerabilities and use that knowledge in reporting and analytics
• Manage and maintain centralized application security knowledge repositories and data from different sources
• Results-oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility
• Highly motivated to learn and adapt to continuous improvement efforts and deliver solutions in quick turnaround time.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Robotics or related field.
• 2+ years of combined Information Security / Cybersecurity / IT experience
• Strong hands-on experience in Java / Python / R and SQL and Visualization and Analytics tools like Power BI
• Design and execute automated tests using Selenium etc., for testing functionality and performance of the various visualization dashboards
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Basic technical understanding of secure software development in a SDLC
• Strong hands-on experience in data modeling, extracting data from external sources through API’s in several data formats like JSON, XML, etc., connecting using Java / Python / R, and familiarity with databases / data warehouse.
• Experience working in a fast-paced Dev/Ops environment and is familiar with related tools and technologies (Atlassian suite, Azure Dev/Ops, etc.,)
• Professional certifications such as PCEP, PCAP, PCPP, CEPP
• Ability to stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 118923