At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking an Application Programmer/Analyst for its Lynchburg, VA location!
This position is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of applications that support the quality requirements of products manufactured at BWXT NOG-L. Projects will include replacement of legacy applications with modern software written in Microsoft VB.Net and C# using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE as well as Oracle and/or SQL Server databases. Projects will also include support of existing software utilizing the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing of new software programs and applications.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all user support.
- Document of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project by project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Must possess at least one (1) year of related experience.
- Must be proficient in a variety of Microsoft programming languages including C#, VB.NET, and ASP.NET
- Must have demonstrable knowledge and skills of coding methods and best practices.
- Must have demonstrable knowledge and skills of extensive relational database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must have prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a rapidly changing environment is required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.
U.S. Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
<span 9pt=””>Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.