About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $700 million, in 172 countries. www.bentley.com
Bentley Systems is seeking a talented individual to become a valued member of our successful bridge group as a Bridge Application Engineer. The Application Engineer plays an important role as part of part of the Product Advancement team, by applying technical knowledge in advancement of sales opportunities, analyzing prospect’s business and technical requirements and developing solutions that meet those needs.
The Application Engineer is a subject matter expert with proven practical experience with various bridge types and projects, from the initial planning stages to their completion, that works collaboratively with other application engineers, product management and development teams across multiple product lines, marketing, and technical support to ensure revenue and user satisfaction goals are met.
Location: The position is based out of our bridge head office in Sunrise, Florida.
- Provide technical applications support and demonstrations to users, answer complex questions on the use of software to analyze, design and construct various bridge projects. These projects range from day-to-day bridges comprised of steel, reinforced, prestressed and post-tensioned concrete, to complex bridges like cable-stayed, segmental, etc.
- Teach engineers and designers how to best use the available bridge analysis and design software tools to accomplish their project goals.
- Produce training documents and multimedia materials used to educate users in the use of the bridge software.
- Act as an expert consultant to engineering companies and government organizations in order to implement the bridge software in their organization or project.
- Provide pre and post-sales training, deployment and integration, configuration, and support of bridge applications
- Perform benefit-oriented technical presentations of Bentley’s bridge products and solutions.
- Assist business development and sales personnel in technical proposals development for prospects and existing customers.
- Benefit-oriented, capability focused and feature specific (for a specific prospect) demonstrations that promote Bentley’s suite of bridge software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is required with a minimum 4 years of practical experience, or MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is required with a minimum 3 years of practical experience, or a similar combination of education and experience.
- Professional engineering (PE) registration is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the principles of design codes, standards and guidelines, including AASHTO.
- Strong OpenBridge Modeler, OpenBridge Designer or MicroStation skills are highly preferred
- Proven experience using advanced bridge analysis software (examples include LEAP Bridge Concrete, LEAP Bridge Steel, STAAD, MDX, Larsa, Midas, CSI Bridge) and good working knowledge of Excel, MathCad, Word and PowerPoint are preferred.
- Should possess excellent interpersonal and strong presentation and communication skills, with ability to convey technical subject matters to others.
- Ability to engage and interact with all levels of engineers and owner-operators.
- Willing and able to travel 25-30% of the time both domestic and international to industry events, user meetings, other Bentley offices (After Bentley’s COVID travel restrictions are lifted)
What We Offer
- A great team and culture
- Competitive Salary and benefits.
- The opportunity to work within a diverse team.
- A supportive and collaborative environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic. Additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law may be found by clicking here and here.
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify
Right to Work / Derecho a Trabajar
We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Disclosure:
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.