Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited:
- Conducts analysis of application design including but not limited to planning implementations and maximizing application benefits.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of assigned applications and related development and maintenance tools.
- Assists with resolution of more complex issues, tracks issues and provides updates to senior staff and clients as requested.
- Independently manages assigned projects and meets deadlines.
- Participates in on-call rotations for assigned applications.
- Assist others with resolution of complex issues.
- Seeks assistance for resolution of highly complex issues as necessary.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures in an effort to assure prompt resolution to identified problems.
- Independently plans and conducts system requirements definition sessions.
- Coordinates plans and conducts detailed design sessions through an advanced knowledge of client business needs and application functionality.
- Independently coordinates, plans, and conducts analysis of client business needs and identifies opportunities for maximizing application benefits.
- Independently leads large projects and assigns tasks to supporting Application Analyst and other application staff.
- Independently develops reference materials (status reports, documentation, etc.) for supported application technologies to be used for both online and in-person training of other staff.
- Serves as both a professional and technical mentor to other Application Analysts or other resources.
- Adheres to the application change management process to include timely reporting of all pertinent change information, effective discussion of the changes, internal and external communications, contingency planning, support of the change event and post-change reporting, as appropriate.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Education: High school degree required. Associates/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, healthcare, business, or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Minimum of three years of related experience.
Licensure/Certification: Valid Virginia drivers’ license required. Vendor and/or industry certifications/proficiencies as determined by management.
- Must be a self-initiated team player that can work under little supervision, with strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Must facilitate a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Must be flexible and capable of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Effective communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Primary business hours Monday-Friday including some weekends, holidays.
- Will require after-hours on-call coverage
- Occasional travel required.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 75304
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Technology Services Group
Shift Details: M-F, 8-5, some nights and weekends
Recruiter: MARK A MISKOVIC
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.