Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless, coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative, team-oriented environment, which has contributed to our becoming one of the nation’s premier healthcare systems. Our elite Epic team takes pride in having completed our initial Epic implementation fully half a year ahead of schedule.
We are seeking an Application Analyst to join our fast-paced, ever-learning and collaborative Cardiovascular and Nutrition Systems (CVNS) group. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have a thirst for learning and be a committed team member. This is a challenging and rewarding position offering tremendous growth in an upbeat team atmosphere. The CVNS team owns and supports Epic Cupid as well as ancillary cardiology systems such as ISCV, MUSE, Lifewatch, Maclab, Medstreaming, Apollo and Pedcath. The Application Analyst will work on all these systems concurrently.
- Interface between the departmental users/clients across Montefiore Health System
- Provide day-to-day operational support, advanced application troubleshooting support, coordinate modifications and updates, recommend improvements & increase efficiencies and provide pro-active monitoring
- Assist with coordination of vendor activities including software installation
- Test new systems, version upgrades, interfaces and other system modifications
- Provide assistance to other team members as necessary. Encourage, assist, and foster development of co-workers’ skills and proficiency
- Maintain accurate and current documentation regarding systems/applications provided and or supported by the Cardiovascular and Nutrition Systems (CVNS) Team
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call coverage for user support on a rotating basis.
- On an as-needed basis, provide on-site support within the Montefiore Medical Center hospitals and/or its’ affiliates (on-site, rotational support).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the workflow associated with either Radiology or Invasive and Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Willing to learn and work on other Cardiology systems supported by the team
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot modality support and provide onsite assistance as needed
- Understanding of DICOM, HL7, IHE and other health related standards
- Application implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience
- EPIC Cupid Certification is strongly preferred. Stong consideration will be given for certification in any EPIC clinical module, especially Radiant or OpTime. Strong Consideration will also be given to candidates that can demonstrate their ability to pass EPIC Certification in combination with relevant skills/experience herein.
- Passionate about the IT service you are providing to the clinical users and its impact on patient care
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Eager to learn; exceptional listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customers, vendors peers and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work well in a team environment
- Excellent follow up skills
- Must be adaptable in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be able to multi-task effectively
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- On a rotational basis, provide remote 24 x 7 on-call support for users.
- On an as-needed basis, provide on-site support within the Montefiore Medical Center hospitals and/or its’ affiliates.
- Meeting all requirements for EPIC certification is a condition of employment
- Experience with any of the following is preferred: Apollo, ISCV, Xcelera, PedCath, PaceArt, GE MacLab/CardioLab, MUSE, CBORD and Medstreaming
- Troubleshooting Cardiology Modalities, US, Fluoroscopy, IVUS, etc.
- Experience working with IT vendors
- Programming or other technical skills
- Epic Cupid build experience
- EPIC Data Courier knowledge
- Additional certification/proficiency in any EPIC clinical module, especially OpTime or Radiant
Montefiore Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Montefiore is one of healthcare’s most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health Networks’ 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of technology to support clinical care and patient safety & privacy, infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the continuum of care. Our experts deploy new technologies, identify and define business process improvements and provide stakeholders across the institution with the resources needed to meet their most difficult challenges. As a Montefiore IT employee, you’ll have ample opportunities to transform patient care, improve health outcomes and gain insight into the technical workings of one of the nation’s top academic medical centers. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Montefiore Health System employs over 45,000 associates, including our IT division of 1000 people. Montefiore IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 155453
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.