No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 107062 – Cambridge, Ohio, United States
Job Title: Operator Technician III- Analytical Laboratory (Chemist)
Colgate-Palmolive Company invites applications for the position of Operator Technician III- Analytical Laboratory (Chemist).
The primary function of this position is to perform analytical testing of finished product for release. This position will also support analysis of raw materials, work-in-process, and microbiological testing.
– Perform instrumental, physical, and chemical testing of raw materials, in-process, and finished product samples in accordance with the Quality Plan and standard operating procedures.
– Approve materials and finished products based on test results.
– Troubleshoot, maintain, and calibrate lab equipment as required.
– Swab/prepare control point monitoring samples in the manufacturing plant and outgoing tankers.
– Routinely prepare and review test data, including tracking and trending of data, and process capability evaluation
– Provide product release/hold notification to Colgate distribution system and SAP transactions.
– Provide support to the facility to inspect and resolve nonconformance issues and identify root causes and corrective actions.
– Support special Quality and continuous improvement projects and Experimental Manufacturing Orders (EMO) for the facility.
– Coordinate collection and shipment of samples for stability testing at the Colgate Research and Technology Center.
– Maintain accurate, up to date and concise laboratory notebooks and records.
– Work on special assigned projects.
– 4 year Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or a science related degree.
-Two years of practical Analytical Laboratory experience.
– Has in-depth knowledge of basic analytical testing and laboratory procedures.
– Has the ability to smell odors and see colors in order to perform the smell, color & appearance testing is required.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Good computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheets, computer controlled instruments, and Google applications.
– Attention to detail, time management, organization and multitasking skills.
– Excellent documentation skills and management of records and laboratory paperwork.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education programme, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.