Analyst System Administration (Analyst – Application Packaging & SCCM Support)
Position Description: This position is primarily responsible for building the Application Packaging & Administration of the organization’s enterprise management system (SCCM) to perform Application/OS deployment, Patch deployment & Reporting.
Skills Required: 3-5 years In-depth experience in Admin Studio, PowerShell Scripting, VB Scripting, and SCCM 2012 or higher or other system management tools
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Script installation packages using PowerShell / VBScript for automated deployment of approved software on end-user systems.
- Build Windows Installer (MSI) packages from legacy installation setup programs and customize existing MSI setup using transform files (MST).
- Assess S/W applications for Windows 7/10 compatibility and remediate them as deemed necessary.
- Prepare packages (build/configure/test/distribute) for software distribution via SCCM to end-user systems.
- Perform peer reviews & ensure QA validation is performed as per defined checklists prior to certifying packages to be UAT ready.
- Conduct integration testing of software product upgrades, updates, patches, fixes, service packs, and new releases to ensure conformance with Kennametal standard client environments.
- Coordinate with local IT across global locations to perform UAT testing and obtain necessary signoffs. Extend required support to them during software deployment & patch rollout in the production environment.
- Ensuring the Addition/Modification of any new SCCM site role to any site server is configured as per the standard.
- Designing and performing the implementation and/or migration of any new additional site servers.
- Performing routine maintenance activities like old package cleanup, backups, etc.
- General monitoring and maintaining SCCM site servers and client health.
- Configure & manage software updates using SCCM Patch Management and perform monthly patching activities and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of the end-to-end process of OSD and be capable of configuring SCCM OSD in a dynamic manner that can create flexibility in the deployment process.
- Maintain the S/W packaging standards and propose changes based on industry best practices.
- Work on escalations/critical incidents reported in the production environment. Collaborate with other teams on root cause analysis and report the outcome to concerned stakeholders.
- Performance goals will range from expedient problem evaluation, diagnosis, and resolution to long-term project objectives measured with milestones.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Sciences.