You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
The Analyst, Strategic and Analytics will be responsible for working with Compass Vice President of Hospitality Strategy and the Analytics team to develop and deploy insights across hospitality, Food & Beverage, and retail.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Analyst, Strategic and Analytics, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage relationships with key client and Compass stakeholders and understand their overall strategies and objectives
- Gather and analyze information, formulate, and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations
- Proactively identify opportunities to drive innovation, automation, optimization, guest experience and financials
- Synthesize and effectively deliver insights and action items to align efforts between Compass and the Clients’ Executives
- Develop expertise about the venue, including physical configuration, proposed technology, and operational processes
- Determine and support the data structure and strategy needed to execute analyses across business functions
- Develop and deploy optimal pricing, product, placement, and promotion strategies
- Build reporting (heat maps, dashboards, decks, status updates) standards and formats for partners and operators
- Leverage and develop artificial intelligence, consumer insights, and emerging technology tools and best practices
- Support, manage, or directly complete ad-hoc analytics projects as needed
Think you have what it takes to be our Analyst, Strategic and Analytics? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you are the best fit:
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative, analytical and/or client-facing businesses
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in business analytics, computer science, statistics, economics, or a related field
- Ability to develop and own executive-level stakeholder relationships
- Capacity to lead and work collaboratively in a consultative role at all levels of an organization
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Aptitude using data visualization and business intelligence tools to effectively communicate complex ideas
- Experience in financial modeling, market research, consumer insights, segmentation and/or survey analytics
- Understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine learning approaches, Natural Language Processing, Graph Theory, clustering, and classification techniques, and/or recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Business intuition and expertise in analyses with the ability to describe analytic processes, including when and why specific approaches are favored
- Experience with advanced analytics and business intelligence tools such as SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.