Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
- Responsible for financial planning, reporting and analysis. Prepares financial plans and forecasts based on performance expectations. Gathers and publishes financial information related to historical, current and future performance. Performs financial analysis utilizing appropriate financial concepts and techniques. Recommends alternative courses of action.
- Active participation in the preparation of the manufacturing operating/budget plan, quarterly forecasts and annual strategic plan
- Develop detailed financial forecasts incorporating historic, trended and current business information
- Monitor functional and departmental spending versus budget by highlighting material variances using system generated detail and trend reports.
- Prepare journal entries and assist in month end close as needed to ensure proper accounting at the functional and departmental level.
- Prepare and distribute financial reports and packages by gathering and analyzing information related to current performance.
- Provide financial support to Manufacturing operations teams / business units
- Perform financial analysis, as directed by management, and recommend alternatives courses of action by utilizing appropriate financial tools. (e.g. ROI, NPV analysis).
- Evaluate new business opportunities, potential acquisitions, new products, and spending initiatives by modeling alternative financial scenarios.
- Prepare sensitivity analysis impact on revenue, expenses and profitability by modeling changes in key variables (recommending appropriate course of action).
- Develop and utilize sound financial processes
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills and energetic self-starter
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance
- Able to meet critical deadlines, develop and apply solutions; managing competing priorities
- Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments.
- May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6 years plus of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in manufacturing in a similar position a must.
- Must have significant experience with SAP Business Systems
- Demonstrated experience in cost accounting, developing product standard costs, budgets and forecasts including variance analysis.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Strong research and analysis skills / ability.
- Experience interfacing with and conducting business with various functional disciplines (Supply Chain, QA, Engineering, Operations, etc.)
- Advanced Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Forecasting systems
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal) with peers and leadership
- Must be Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Continuous improvement mindset – eager to challenge status quo
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
- Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
- Planning and Organization: Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
- Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making: Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Business Relationships and Project Management: Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. May interact with vendors. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
- Impact: Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Liason: Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. May escalate serious issues to manager.
- Mentoring: Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
Requisition ID: 489121
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.