Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 43344
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This role is responsible for assisting managing the Company’s supply contracts of jet fuel. Additionally, provide data analysis, focusing on streamlining processes and cost reduction associated with over 4 billion gallons of jet fuel purchased and managed annually by the group.
- The role is a part of the Finance group where you will bring your ability to develop meaningful performance metrics; develop, implement, and manage supply chain solutions/strategies; and, keep abreast of market conditions as to availablity, price, and quality of fuel.
What you’ll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Analyze fuel consumption and prepare Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Analyze supplier proposals, negotiate fuel contracts and provide recommendations to management
- Generate critical reports on gains/losses, consumption, and other ad hoc analysis as necessary
- Monitor commodities markets and analyze price index differentials using available tools (e.g., Bloomberg, Marketview, Internet, etc.)
- Manage and maintain contract database
- Maintain transaction summary and contracts, ensure they are executed and filed in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with fuel operations, fuel accounting, tax, Integrated Operations Center (IOC) and local stations regarding any issues which may impact fuel supply
- Manage supplier relationships and act as liaison with management
- Work with legal on terms and conditions of different suppliers’ fuel contracts
- Conduct fuel tenders with global and regional/domestic suppliers
- Research and analyze key market indicators
- Proactively manage fuel crisis and keep all related parties informed of status
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of Procurement experience
- Proven experience in operational crisis troubleshooting environment
- Demonstrated experience with leveraged agreements, multi-year contracts, and major sub-contract management
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Strong leadership and analytical skills with strong emphasis on details
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Outlook, Word) excellent Excel skills
- Highly motivated with outstanding analytical thinking abilities, desire to learn and improve
- Understanding and use of available information for analysis, problem solving, and forecasting
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Ability to drive projects to completion with limited guidance and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent research skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to understand and manage complex processes
- High ethical standards
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 43344