Req Id: 295211
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Name and description of the hiring department:
The Field Services BI team resides within Field Services and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights on the customer experience and field productivity. The team consists of business analysts for analyzing data, ETL developers for sourcing and maintaining data and reporting developers for presenting the data in dashboards and scorecards. Our team collaborates closely with other Business Intelligence teams within the company. We support our field frontline and support teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
We are looking for an associate analyst programmer with good data manipulation knowledge, good Web development knowledge and being able to adapt quickly to new programming technologies.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
Act in BI project development related to Fields Services. You will have to work with business analysts, programmers and project leaders. You will support the delivery of these projects. Your role will be to:
- Partner in the BI development for new or existing projects mainly related to service, productivity and customer experience
- Partner to implement defined documentation and programming standards for projects and provide a documentation framework including design, testing, deployment and support documents
- Partner to implement solutions to guarantee data quality (availability and reliability)
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of BI and current technology through training opportunities
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- University or College degree in computer sciences or relevant experience in equivalent domain
- Database SQL programming skills for storing, transforming, importing and exporting data
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server environment; Database, Analysis Services and Integration Services
- Able to work with multiple projects and priorities at the same time
- Must be an excellent listener, must rapidly understand the client’s needs in order to propose better solutions and therefore answer their needs
- Strong sense of details and precision
- Team player with excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and ability to adapt to a complex, short timeline and quickly changing work environment
- French and English, working ability to carry out normal business in the language communication
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Knowledge of BI Data Warehouse design and technical knowledge: OLAP Cube, reporting and ETL
- Knowledge of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- Knowledge of SAS environment and programming language
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Power Bi
- Knowledge Oracle, MySql, Terradata
- Occasional overtime depending
Job location address: 671 de la Gauchetière St W, Montreal QC
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular – Part time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/18/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.