Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Edmonton; Vancouver
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have an impact with clients, our communities and in the office
Do you enjoy conducting industry and client specific research, analyzing market trends and developing financial models? We would love to meet you!
What will your typical day look like?
As an Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work across a full range of services. That said, if you asked one of our current Analysts about the types of things they have actually done over the past year or so, they would probably include things like:
- Work on client engagement teams executing Value Advisory projects, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing deliverables;
- Contribute to presentation materials, reports and schedules for client engagements;
- Prioritize objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting;
- Actively perform and promote peer-reviews and other quality activities to continuously improve our quality and raise the bar;
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills; and
- Work in a collaborative team environment
About the team
Deloitte’s Value Advisory team specializes in solving complex business and transaction issues, including analyzing valuation alternatives and recommending solutions. We understand how to quantify and present valuation analyses and conclusions in concert with prevailing accounting, tax, and regulatory codes for transaction, financing, litigation, strategic management, and compliance purposes. Our main areas of focus are:
- Business valuations;
- Damage quantification;
- Valuations related to financial statements;
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures;
- Strategic and financial consulting; and
- Financial modeling.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree
- Exercising strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience in conducting research, synthesizing data, writing reports and preparing presentations
- Demonstrating an aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as financial analysis or modeling, market research and analysis, project problem diagnosis and solution development;
- A great problem solver
- A self-starter and highly organized
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Application deadlines are:
- Vancouver (hiring for both Winter & Fall 2022 work terms): May 23rd at 11:59 PM EST
- Calgary (only hiring for the Winter 2022): May 30th at 11:59 PM EST
- Edmonton (hiring for both Winter & Fall 2022 work terms): May 30th at 11:59 PM EST
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.