Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal; Toronto
• Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
• Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
• Be empowered to lead and have an impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Do you enjoy developing innovative solutions to complex problems, leveraging technology and data analytics to drive effectiveness and efficiency in your work, and working as part of a collaborative team? We would love to meet you!
What will your typical day look like?
As an Intern on our Disputes & Litigation team, you will:
• Work on client engagement teams executing on projects, supporting key decision-makers in developing and executing deliverables;
• Contribute to presentation materials, reports and schedules for client engagements;
• Prioritize objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting;
• Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills; and
• Work in a collaborative team environment.
About the team
Deloitte’s Disputes & Litigation team specializes in providing independent assessments of potential damages, including those resulting from breach of contract, construction delays, shareholder disputes and intellectual property infringement.
We differentiate ourselves through the breadth and depth of our experience, as well as our deployment and application of technology accelerators and data analytics. Our goal is to make the complex simple, leading the way to successful dispute resolution.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who:
• Is currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree in accounting, mathematics, business administration, or a related field. Candidates pursuing their CPA designation are preferred.
• Possesses strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience in conducting research, synthesizing data, writing reports, and preparing presentations. Fluency in French is required for those candidates applying to join our offices in Quebec.
• Demonstrates an aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as financial analysis or modeling, market research and analysis, project problem diagnosis, and solution development.
• Is a great problem-solver, self-starter, and is highly organized.
• Has strong interpersonal skills and is able to work as part of a team.
• Is willing and able to travel in Canada, as required.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply today! Application deadlines are:
• Montreal: May 16th at 11:59 PM EST
• Toronto: May 16th at 11:59 PM EST
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.