Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Montreal; Toronto
• Work directly with clients to solve their most complex problems
• Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on-the-job coaching
• Be empowered to lead and have an impact on clients, our colleagues, and in our communities
Do you want to work in a fast growing and changing environment, with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields, developing innovative solutions to problems facing the development and delivery of large-scale construction projects?
What will your typical day look like?
The Capital Projects team provides a variety of advisory and consulting services to capital project owners, contractors, architect and engineering firms, governmental agencies, developers, and other organizations with a significant interest in the successful development and delivery of a capital project. Our team of experienced engineers, quantity surveyors, construction managers, architects, and auditors possess comprehensive design and construction industry experience, and practical and effective project management, consulting, and communication skills, as well as strong professional qualities. Furthermore, through our access to the global network of member firms, the Deloitte Financial Advisory Infrastructure and Capital Projects group offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations.
We are rapidly growing our Capital Projects practice and are looking for co-op students to support our team. As a co-op, you will be responsible for supporting various aspects of our assignments, including:
• Assisting in project management oversight assessments;
• Performing construction cost or schedule assessments;
• Assessing management or construction contract compliance and audit;
• Recommending project risk management solutions strategically aligned with client risk tolerances;
• Performing process and control reviews and organizational assessments;
• Developing business processes and/or setting up project controls and governance;
• Evaluating and developing construction claims including the review, analysis and development of claims for dispute resolution; and,
• Contributing to creating value for our clients with their large capital projects.
About the team
Our Capital Projects team is comprised of some 40 professionals nationally who are dedicated to helping our clients successfully deliver large-scale capital projects and programs on time and on budget. We also help our clients reduce risk and achieve the best value from their portfolios of capital projects.
Deloitte’s Capital Projects team brings practical solutions and adds value at every stage of the project lifecycle for clients in highly competitive multi-billion dollar international engineering and construction industries. We are experienced consultants, project and program managers, planners and project controllers, architects, engineers, construction managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors and related management functions. Through our access to the Deloitte global network of member firms, the Capital Projects team offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations.
We bring decades of global industry experience which is matched with Deloitte’s enviable reputation as a global Professional Service firm and employer of choice.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone who is/has:
• Working towards completion of an undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials, preferably in an Engineering, Architecture or Construction-related discipline;
• Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills, particularly articulating messages using Microsoft tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, etc.);
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and French (Montreal office only)
• The ability to thrive in a team and collaborative setting, contribute and share ideas, regularly seek guidance and feedback, and work to ensure the success of the team;
• A willingness to learn, and a strong commitment to professional and client service excellence; and,
• The ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality outputs with a high degree of task ownership.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply today! Application deadlines are:
- Calgary: May 23rd at 11:59 PM EST
- Montreal: May 18th at 11:59 PM EST
- Toronto: May 16th at 11:59 PM EST
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.