Requisition Number: 47606
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Law Department helps achieve the company’s business objectives while minimizing its legal risk through clearly defined roles in structured Centers of Excellence (COE), a focus on the substance of the work through optimization of tasks, an inclusive and collaborative culture across the globe, and conscientious behavior to adhere to policies and processes. The Law Operations COE delivers processes and operational support to assist the Law Department in achieving its goals. The Law Operations team is seeking a professional, highly motivated individual to evaluate, implement, and manage programs that advance the Law Operations vision and mission.
The Analyst III, Product, Programs, and Projects Manager will help develop and drive the strategic and tactical activities of the Law Operations team by examining the law department’s work processes to identify opportunities for improvement and help implement those changes. This role will work proactively with various teams across the company (e.g. IT, GSM, CSS, Finance) to ensure project deliverables are met on time and on budget.
Project/Program Management: Launch and support special programs and initiatives. Design, implement, and lead department-wide and company-wide initiatives that work.
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization (e.g. contract lifecycle management)
- Develop a budget and operating plan for each program and support finance with incorporating into annual budget and forecasting process
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Provide support for existing Law Operations programs
- Manage current-state process documentation, future-state optimized process design, and provide on-going support for implemented processes
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, quality and process performance
- Communicate with key stakeholders and maintain alignment with Corporate IT regarding project issues and decisions
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Analyze program risks
- Troubleshoot, train and effectively communicate benefits of systems, optimal use, and resources available to internal customers Technology: Create a clear technology vision that spans the needs of the organization. Automate manual processes, digitize physical tasks, and improve speed and quality through the strategic deployment of technology solutions.
- Oversee technology projects, along with IT partners, including reviewing/assessing potential new technology solutions, new system launches, system upgrades and product enhancements
- Serve as the business system owner for systems owned by Law Operations – manage the vendor selection, implementation, testing, global roll-out and training for any new software and tools
- Track the progress and performance of the technology portfolio and make recommendations on the future technology direction for the department (in close coordination with IT partners)
- Select and oversee implementation of new tools; explore ways to leverage existing or new tools to best fit Law Department needs
- Conduct business process mapping and identify opportunities to leverage technology solutions to optimize/resolve business, legal, and finance issues
- Self-starter, must be organized and able to work independently, manage through ambiguity, strategize, multi-task and prioritize
- High level of professionalism and emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated diligence, organization, attention-to-detail and follow-through skills
- Ambitious and aspires to grow professionally
- Excellent written, communication, research, and presentation skills
- Experience with general project management in a technical environment; drafting business cases/ROI analyses
- A demonstrated understanding of how to develop, implement, and enhance processes
- Eager to learn new things and apply knowledge to innovate, improve/simplify processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively with global teams at all levels
- Strong business partnering skills
- Technically savvy; early adopter of corporate technology for collaboration and communication
- Experience navigating the organization to find internal resources and tools
- Strong working knowledge of, and hands-on practical experience with, technology tools and applications typically used in Law department settings
- Experience creating and delivering communications/ presentations for the training and development of internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated success collaborating with partners across other divisions, geographies and/or COEs
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required
- 5+ years project management experience
- Proven track record of breaking down processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver improvements in efficiency or effectiveness
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups to set objectives and produce results
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Multitasking experience
- Leadership and interpersonal experience with a proven track record of building relationships
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.