This position can be filled in New Orleans, LA or Little Rock, AR.
This is a Load Research Analyst position with primary duties for the planning, scheduling, and coordination of load research sample metering services and in-depth design, analysis, and utilization of load research data within the utility. The Load Research Analyst will be required to work under moderate supervision and work on a variety of assignments.
To perform these duties, Load Research Analysts must possess a strong analytical proficiency and the ability to prepare accurate data for use in cost of service studies for rate case development, rate design, demand and energy forecasting, demand side management, energy efficiency, commercial development and innovation, accounting and sales, and other job functions:
- Prepare, analyze, and provide support to regulatory filing teams by compiling accurate and timely customer load data in the form of demands for allocation factors by rate class.
- Develop and disseminate load shapes by rate class for use in regulatory filings, forecasting, demand side management, distribution planning, energy efficiency and load management.
- Execute load research sample design processes and prepare results for use in load research sample replacement projects.
- Conduct monthly processes to validate, edit and prepare highly accurate load research data and various analytics required by the operating company.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests to prepare analytics to support a wide range of rate design requirements based on regulatory activity, energy efficiency programs, new products, and services development, etc.
- Develop and grow expertise in Load Research techniques.
Minimum Educational Background
Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business-related field required or equivalent work experience, Master's Degree is a plus.
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
Relevant work experience in business, statistics, mathematics or engineering.
Knowledge of statistical sampling, survey and analysis techniques, and understanding of system load information requirements is desirable.
Some familiarity with Entergy’s Customer Information System, Customer Care System, and jurisdictional rate structures is desirable.
Excellent communication and project leadership skills.
Ability to manage multiple assignments.
Minimum experience required of the position
Analyst III – 4-6 years of professional experience
Analyst Sr – 6+ years of professional experience
Analyst Sr Lead – 8+ years of professional experience
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
Analytical skill set with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Primary Location: Louisiana–New Orleans
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 102382
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.