Job Type: New Graduate
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Edmonton; Vancouver
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office
- Get exposed to work that allows you to obtain your CPA competencies
Are you ready for a challenge? Participate in QuickStart, a two-year talent development program in our Financial Advisory practice, where upon successful completion you will permanently join one of our business lines.
What will your typical day look like?
Your first week with us will be dedicated to hands-on, practical training in the consulting methods and financial advisory skills you will need to be successful in your career at Deloitte. Over the following two years, you will be deployed on client engagements across our business lines. During this time, you will participate in the end-to-end client service lifecycle – from business development to project delivery – while also getting to know the different teams and leaders. As part of the program, you will also benefit from ongoing learning opportunities to further develop and refine your core and technical skills. At the end of the two-years, you will select your preferred business line via two-way match with our leaders.
If desired, there is an optional CPA-stream. As a CPA candidate, you will be exposed to work that allows you to obtain your CPA competencies. You will also benefit from the Deloitte CPA Advantage training program as well as financial support through reimbursement of select expenses, and paid study leave.
About the team
- The M&A Advisory practice delivers innovative end-to-end services to help our clients achieve their Growth and Succession aspirations at key moments that matter. The team delivers high impact value added services through a multi-faceted service delivery model and by embedding analytics in everything they do.
- Business lines include: Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Value Creation Services, Infrastructure & Capital Projects, Project Finance
- The Forensics practices help clients react quickly and confidently in a crisis, investigation, or dispute. Deloitte forensic specialists use their global network, deep industry experience, and advanced analytical technology to understand and resolve issues. They deliver the proactive advice clients need to reduce the risk of future problems.
- Business lines include: Dispute & Arbitration, Financial Crime, Discovery
- Specialists in Deloitte's Restructuring practice work with clients during times of under-performance, financial distress or liquidity crises. The cross-functional team works to rapidly diagnose the problem, identify immediate stabilizing activities, and address debt-structuring and refinancing needs.
- Business lines include: Restructuring
- The Modeling & Value Advisory practice helps clients uncover and quantify value and apply a financial lens to their most important strategic decisions. By connecting robust market insight and breakthrough technology with the specific industry intelligence across Deloitte’s global network, they see beyond what’s easily accounted for and help identify value for today and tomorrow.
- Business lines include: Financial Engineering & Modelling, Value Advisory, Performance Marketing
- Strategic Platforms is the engine of innovation within Financial Advisory, working across the business to bring data to the centre of our client propositions and delivering analytic insights. We deliver economic expertise combining analytical foresight with commercial acumen, we shape strategy and policy that unlocks economic, financial and social value.
- Business lines include: Analytic Insights and Economic Advisory
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who:
- Is working towards completing a post-secondary degree by September 2022; open to both CPAs and Advisory profiles
- Demonstrates aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as financial analysis or modelling, market research and analysis, project problem diagnosis & solution development
- Exercises strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience in conducting research, synthesizing data, writing reports and preparing presentations
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Has excellent problem solving, project management and interpersonal skills and ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Has high proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams etc.)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Application deadlines are:
- Vancouver: May 23rd at 11:59 PM EST
- Calgary & Edmonton: May 30th at 11:59 PM EST
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.