Requisition Number: 48755
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of Position:
The AGS Operations Excellence Leadis responsible for supporting the drive to excellence in “end-to-end” processes which run on SAP and related systems. This role will be based in China but will have a global scope. It will support AGS teams, including commercial as well as those working in the AGS plant and offices in Hefei, Suzhou, and Shanghai, China.
The Ops Excellence Lead will provide expert process analysis and optimization across all SAP business functions, leading continuous improvement projects from problem identification to design, test and implementation of solutions. This person will have working knowledge of SAP functions across all business areas and modules, be skilled at facilitating communication across teams, and support the successful delivery of improvement projects.
The Ops Excellence Lead will enable the collection, processing and management of Voice of the Customer (VoC) inputs from internal and external sources, and the subsequent delivery of VoC information to audiences in support of key business processes. This position leads the Data Management team, following AGS Master Data mission, policies and procedures.
The Ops Excellence Lead will support the AGS Business Systems Enablement Manager in partnering closely with China-based project teams and the business to identify, recommend, develop, and implement innovative data & analytics solutions and technologies that meet business requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities of this position are to support the Business Systems Enablement team and the Data Management team globally, with focus on Chinese sites. Work with China based business and IT teams to promote success of SAP or related systems projects, identify and prioritize business process or system issues, and support business teams through implementation of improvements.
• Support AGS through the successful migration to S/4HANA Private Cloud including effective sustainability.
• Support the deployment of continual process improvements consistent with the Global Template throughout the AGS organization.
• Provide process analysis expertise in design and implementation of business platforms and tools delivering operations solutions.
• Partner in developing and implementing end user training and materials for all AGS internal functional users and all AGS field locations.
• Lead the China based Data Management Office team in meeting business master data requirements while adhering to AGS data governance standards.
• Work with the Data Management team and users/analysts across AGS functions to implement, update and document new repeatable and reliable processes whichimprove and sustain effective data governance resulting in improved quality and consistency of data used to drive key business decisions.
• Provide support in the definition, implementation and tracking of Key Performance Indicators to measure the effectiveness of the material Master Data models, processes and changes implemented.
• Support local user issue resolution either directly or through the IT support system, and monitoring the satisfactory resolution of issues.
• Support the AGS security and user roles administration process, consistent with Corning Security requirements, business processes and data ownership in the organization.
• Provide post implementation support and problem resolution.
• Build relationships across the Hefei, Suzhou and Shanghai, China businessteams and IT organization to promote good communication, and collaboration on projects and continual improvement efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or Equivalent experience.
• 5+ years relevant work experience, with 3+ years’ experience in business process optimization, master data management or similar experience.
• Experience in complex SAP environments supporting multiple components.
• At least one major SAP implementation in a lead role.
• Significant experience with process mapping, design, and continual improvement in a complex manufacturing context.
• Experience with complex change management challenges.
• Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures, Training documentation and Reference documentation.
• Experience providing a consolidated view of data for analysis and decision-making purposes
• Experience working with different internal functions, external divisions and 3rd party vendors, partners or customers.
• Experience with value-streaming mapping is a plus.
Critical Personal Experience and Attributes/Qualifications:
• Ability to communicate effectively with operational, management and leadership teams, in Chinese and English. Fluent in English and Chinese.
• Ability to organize process-related inputs from various sources, analyze, document and communicate process-related information.
• Deep functional knowledge of one of the following areas in SAP: Plant Controlling, Supply Chain and Logistics, or Sales and Distribution including Pricing.
• Broad understanding of all SAP modules and functional areas and their process integration.
• Expert level user of Visio, Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
• Understanding of various business data domains (e.g. Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Supply chain).
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.Corning Restricted
• Works collaboratively with multiple levels to develop innovative or creative solutions that work effectively.
• Provides direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others, and serves the local Data Management team effectively as supervisor.
• Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
• Effective communicator and presenter in formal and informal settings.
• Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose.
• Ability to exercise independent judgement.
• Comfort working in an agile development lifecycle.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Team-oriented, collaborative environment leadership skills.
• Effective leadership, organization, and planning skills, with ability to handle changing priorities.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work in team environment and motivate others.