AGCO is currently seeking a Project Design Engineer, (Software, Research & Advanced Engineering) to join their hybrid remote team in Jackson, MN. The purpose of this position will be the development of new concepts and technology for Crop Care products including Sprayers, planters, and fertilizer applicators. This role is to develop, coordinate and execute proper design strategies related to product roadmaps. Hybrid remote flexible schedules offered for the right candidate: 60-80% remote, contingent on seasonal schedules.
The Project Engineer solves complex Research and Engineering problems and prepares white papers and reports. Responsible for the planning, execution, and documentation of the project including conceptual design, part procurement, coding, assembly, and lab or field testing. The Project Engineer will work closely with the Global R&AE and Agronomy teams as well Product Engineering to execute the project with meaningful deliverables for AGCO’s Sprayer, Fertilizer Applicator, and Planter Engineering Teams. Provides technical guidance to Product Management, Engineering, and Agronomy teams. Delivers Proof of Concepts and white papers to Product engineering for further development and validation. Develops unique design features the company often patents to gain a competitive advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a 3.0 GPA or higher is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably C/C++ or Python.
- Entry-level experience with typical Bus systems (CAN, Ethernet, 100baseTX / 100baseT1).
- Entry-level experience with embedded software development preferably 2+ years.
- Entry-level experience working with CAN protocols including SAE J1939 and ISO 11783, preferably 2+ years.
- Entry-level experience using simulation or modeling tools such as MATLAB or SIMULINK, preferably 2+ years.
- Entry-level experience with image processing tools, OpenCV, Matlab or other, Preferably 2+ years.
- Entry-level experience with machine learning frameworks like PyTorch or TensorFlow, Preferably 2+ years.
- Entry-level experience with Linux application development.
- Family or Job-related experience in Agriculture.
Nestled in a valley of the Des Moines River, the Jackson plant is a cornerstone of the community. Continually growing, the state-of-the-art plant recently saw a 75,000 square-foot expansion of the manufacturing facility and will continue to expand even more to include a state-of-the-art equipment testing station. With 17 parks within driving distance, the opportunities to enjoy the outdoors are endless.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life, and accident insurance, long and short-term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. Isn’t it time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities? Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. Come grow with us!